Attack of the Drones – Realtors Need To Be Aware of the Risks
Drone photography has become a valuable tool for Realtors wishing to showcase their listings. While certainly a great tool, there are significant risk factors for any Realtor who operates a drone or subcontracts a drone operator to capture real estates video and images.
Some things to consider:
- Use of drones has grown dramatically in recent years.
- The skies are crowded not just by Realtors, but by hobbyists and other commercial users.
- Drones are no longer only used for filming rural or cottage properties.
- Reports starting to come in regarding an increasing number of accidents.
- Accidents are primarily due to mechanical malfunction versus operator error.
- One drone operator is being investigated for the potential cause of a death. This is a growing area of risk for Drone Operators and the people who hire them!
- If the accident is serious enough, the Realtor who hired the Drone Operator could be named in a costly lawsuit.
TIP: Ask for proof of drone insurance from your photography person.
Do not accept a verbal acknowledgment of insurance because the Courts won’t!
READY TO EARN MORE LISTINGS AND IMPROVE YOUR REALTOR BRAND?
A 10-minute chat is all it takes to learn more. What’s the downside?
Let’s build a partnership that will ensure you stand out from your competition.